Gas Installation Permits

Forms and fees referenced on this page:

How to get a permit from BCSA

If you have an online services account, you may obtain and pay for an installation permit online.

For all other clients, please fill out the Gas Installation Permit Form to request an installation permit. BCSA will review the details and call you to process payment.
Need help? Contact us for assistance!

Who needs a permit?

Licensed contractors working with natural and manufactured gas, liquefied petroleum gas, hydrogen, digester gas, landfill gas, or a mixture or dilution of gasses, need to apply for a permit before they install regulated gas equipment, or gas systems.

If you have an installation and the scope of the work on that site has since changed, amend your permit at your nearest BCSA office.

Who issues a permit?

The Province of British Columbia has delegated partial administration of the Safety Standards Act to a number of local governments. This table shows responsibilities for permits and inspections for specific areas not in the jurisdiction of BCSA.

Permit Fees

Fees associated with permits allow BCSA to work with industry to reduce safety risks through assessment, education and outreach, enforcement and research. See the Gas Installation Permit Fees.

Related Information

After an inspection please ensure your gasfitter has submitted the Gas Notification of Completion, Installation or Alteration Form 570.

Have you finished or made alterations to your permitted installation?
Please complete the Gas Notification of Completion, Installation or Alteration Form 570.

Learn more about gas regulations and the latest consultations.