If you're a contractor and would like to perform work in the industries we regulate, it's likely that you'll need a licence or certificate. Follow the steps in electrical, gas, boiler, elevating, amusement devices, or passenger ropeways sections to understand the qualifications and experience you need to get your licence or certificate.