Boiler, Power Engineer, and Welding

Forms and fees referenced on this page:

Power Engineer

Power Engineer

To transfer a certificate to BC, the granted process requires the following:

  1. A copy of the certificate from the province you are coming from
  2. Completed Application for Power Engineer Granted Certificate Form 1005, and
  3. Payment of your fees.


The BCP-100 is an interprovincial welding procedure that is recognized in both BC and Alberta.

Applying for the BCP-100 Exam

Are you from a province other than BC or Alberta? Contact your nearest BCSA office to see how to convert your qualification to BC standards.  

Alberta Welders arriving in BC

If you’ve just arrived from Alberta and want to convert your Alberta class B licence to a BCP-100, please check your licence is current, then:

  1. Complete the Welder Performance Qualification form 802.
  2. Attach a photocopy of the front and back of your journeyman certificate of competency or evidence of other qualifications recognized by the Alberta Advanced Education.
  3. Attach a clear photocopy of the front and back of your Alberta “B” card and a photocopy of your current welder performance qualification card.
  4. Attach a clear photocopy of the front and back of your current SMAW F3/F4 (uphill/uphill) pressure welder performance qualification card.
  5. Submit your application to any BCSA office with a cheque payable to BC Safety Authority along with your Application Fee. Or call our customer service line at 1-866-566-7233 to pay by credit card.