Elevating Devices

Forms and fees referenced on this page:


All contractors who perform regulated work on elevating devices must be licenced by BCSA. Your licence class determines what type of regulated work you can perform. For more details, see the Safety Standards Act.

Applying for your licence

To apply for your licence:

  1. Complete the Elevating Device licence application form 317
  2. Submit by mail or in person to BCSA's New Westminster office
  3. Pay the appropriate application fee.

We’ll review your application to assess whether you’re qualified to receive your licence. Next, you’ll be invited for an interview with an elevating device safety officer and a written exam. For more information see Exams.

Renewing your Licence

You must renew your licence annually. If you have received a renewal notification, pay the fee by credit card or mail a cheque with the applicable payment to BCSA. Remember, you must not work on regulated elevating device without a valid licence. If your licence expired more than one year ago, we may require you to reapply.