Contractors need to be licensed and qualified to install, operate or perform maintenance on certified equipment.

Contractors and companies working with regulated technologies must be licensed by BCSA. Some contractors and Field Safety Representatives need a certificate of qualification to train or supervise others. Check your technology section to understand which licences and certificates apply to you and review the exams and certificates section to start this process.

Gas, electrical and welding contractors that are new to the province should follow the steps for working in BC.