Content Submission Guidelines
By submitting Your Comments, you grant us the non-exclusive right to use your comments royalty-free, in perpetuity. Your Comments may be published on BC Safety Authority (BCSA) owned or controlled platforms, and may even be included in our publications. BCSA cannot guarantee that Your Comments will be published. We may also edit Your Comments for length, size or clarity. Your Comments may be indexed by Internet search engines. BCSA has no obligation to remove Your Comments from its platforms even if you make a request. You should think carefully about your intent and the consequence of publication of any of Your Comments.
When you share Your Comments with us:
- Keep Your Comments relevant to the topic and avoid repetitive posting.
- Be respectful and courteous, as if you were having a face-to-face discussion.
- Feel free to link internally within the safetyauthority.ca site as you would like. As for external web addresses, BCSA does not endorse the content of external web sites and has no liability as to their content in any event. BCSA reserves its right to take-down any external link.
- We want to hear your own opinion. Your Comments must be created and owned by you. Breaking copyright rules is not permitted (that includes copying and pasting excerpts from websites and code books without permission and attribution). If the majority of Your Comment was written or created by someone else, even with a proper credit, it will not be accepted.
- Any of Your Comment that is offensive and likely to expose an individual or a group of individuals to hatred or contempt on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age or mental or physical disability is prohibited.
- The following kind of Your Comments is also prohibited:
- Pornography, vulgarity, obscenity or sexually explicit content
- Anything illegal
- Hate speech
- Threats, harassment
- Personal attacks, insults and defamatory statements
- Threats or suggesting committing a criminal act
- Attempts to mobilise people for any purpose outside of a BCSA event
- Respect other people's privacy by not including personal information in Your Comments (such as phone numbers and email addresses) or private dialogue.
- Be sensitive in Your Comments regarding the death or injury of private individuals.
- Make it personal, not commercial by leaving out press releases and commercial promotions.
If you violate any of these guidelines, Your Comments will not be accepted. BCSA reserves the right to close commenting at any time without notice and to reject the publication of any of Your Comments. BCSA reserves the right to change these Content Submission Guidelines at any time without notice.