What has changed?
FSRs no longer need to sign the items listed below, which are submitted by owners of electrical equipment. Owners are responsible for verifying the FSRs who perform or supervise regulated work at each site. Owners must also confirm with the named FSRs that the operation and maintenance of electrical equipment complies with the Safety Standards Act and BC regulations.
- FSR verification (at the time of operating permit renewal)
- Operating permit application form (FRM 0410)
- Operating Permit Holder Notice of change of FSR (FRM 1014)
FSRs also no longer need to sign the two forms listed below, which are submitted by contractors:
- Electrical contractor licence application form (FRM 1028)
- Electrical contractor notice of change of FSR form (FRM 1023)
Why has this change occurred?
- To align with the Safety Standards Act, BC Regulations and the Electrical Operating Permit Directive.
- To make equipment owners aware of their responsibilities and obligations to notify and verify their FSR details with BC Safety Authority.
How will FSRs know if they’ve been named on operating permits?
- The equipment owner’s statement of declaration indicates they must advise the FSR.
- FSRs have been invited to access our online services for the purpose of submitting declarations and to view the permits they are named on.
If you have received an invitation to register, please try the service and let us know what you think.
If you have not yet received an email invitation and are interested in using this service, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org