A person or company who is responsible for compliance because they either own regulated products, or perform regulated work.
A document issued by a BCSA provincial safety manager to a person or company performing regulated work who:
- is in breach of a condition of, or restriction on, any licence or permission;
- practices in a discipline under the Safety Standards Act for which the contractor is not licensed or qualified;
- fails to comply with a compliance order or safety order;
- fails to comply with a requirement, term or condition of an Alternative Safety Approach, or;
- is convicted of an offense under the Safety Standards Act.
A regulatory instrument issued by a BCSA provincial safety manager that clarifies or provides new interpretation, application or operation of a regulation or code. Compliance is mandatory.
The review of a design to determine that it meets the submission requirements and has been completed by a qualified person according to the Safety Standards Act.
The entry of a design to the register.
Drawings, specifications, calculations and instructions necessary to construct, install and maintain equipment in compliance with the Safety Standards Act.
A signed statement made by a duty holder stating that work subject to the Safety Standards Act is complete and complies to a specified code, standard or other requirement and is safe for use.
Method applied by duty holders to prevent intrinsic hazards from resulting with unintended consequences. Examples include:
- Use of qualified professionals or persons to perform the work
- Ensuring the products, equipment and work conform to safety codes and standards
- Ensuring workers are aware of the hazards related to regulated equipment and work
- Fostering a positive safety culture within the working environment
- Including regulated product, equipment and work into safety management plans
A document issued to a person or company by a BCSA safety officer or safety manager that specifies actions to be taken, stopped or modified.
The primary target audience for a product or service.