Forms referenced on this page:
Certification Application Process
To obtain your certificate, take the following steps:
- Complete your electrical education.
- Take the online BCSA Orientation Course for newly certified and licensed individuals (“A Great Start”). You can find the course in BCSA's Online Learning Centre. Note that the course will require account registration.
- Complete the FSR Certification application Form 1013 and submit the form along with your payment and proof that you meet the minimum requirements for that class of exam. You will be required to provide original copies of documents. Notarized copies will also be accepted. Submit your application to any BCSA office. For more information, go to exams and exam applications.
- Receive your exam confirmation letter by email or mail (depending on preference indicated).
- Contact BCSA to confirm your exam date, location and time.
- Sit for your exam (Remember to bring photo identification when you write your exam).
- Receive your exam results(by mail or email depending on the preference you have indicated).
- Once you have passed your exam you are now certified and ready to be named on a permit.
For information regarding becoming an electrical contractor in British Columbia, please refer to the Electrical Contractor's Guide.